Everyone is welcome to participate in the life and worship of the APC. After you get to know us better, we hope you will confirm your connectedness to our church family through membership.
At APC you can join as a regular member or as an associate member. Associate membership is for people who will be here for a season or a few years and who wish to keep their membership in a home church. Membership does not go along with a membership fee, but we ask for your financial support, being an official member or not, because we don´t receive any support from the government or other organizations.
What is Membership at the APC?
Becoming a member at the American Protestant Church (APC) allows you to make a public commitment to a spiritual family that provides support and encouragement in your walk with Jesus Christ. Membership provides not only accountability to live out and grow your faith but also gives an opportunity to discover and use your spiritual gifts to minister to others. (Hebrews 10:24-25, 1 Cor 12:4-27, Mark 10:45)
What does it mean to be an active Member of the APC?
- (Love one another) – living out love to the APC family by offering care, compassion and loving correction through deep relationships that are fostered through informal and formal gatherings such as home groups, classes, church events, meals, community activities and social meetings (John 13:34-35)
- (Invite others) – inviting others from outside the church into an awareness of the Christian faith through our active witness – which is honest, holistic, thoughtful, caring, challenging and theologically aware (Matthew 28:18-20)
- (God at center) – growing in commitment to the Triune God and the church by stewarding our God-given resources, including time, talents, spiritual gifts and finances, by committing to worship God corporately through regular attendance at Sunday services and privately through spiritual disciplines like prayer, scripture reading, giving, etc. (Col 2:2-3)
- (Help one another) – sharing the love of Christ in our congregation, the local community, as well as globally by supporting APC mission projects (Ephesians 2:10)
- (Teach and equip one another) – participating in educational opportunities that expand theological and practical growth in Christian faith and practice (John 6:68)
So how can I find out more about membership?
Pastor Welcome meetings are offered on a regular basis through the year on Sundays following the service. During these informational meetings, we share what makes APC distinctive and explain how membership works.
Join us for the next Pastor’s Welcome – we are excited about having you as a Member and we look forward to learning, growing and serving alongside you!
If you are interested in joining APC we encourage you to speak to Pastor Mario Weyers or Gay Koenemann or write an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
See also how you can support us.